Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Cooking Dilemma: Caveman's Bread

P.S. It's more gross than it looks

Over the unintentional winter break that we had last week, my family did a little bit of test cooking. My brother tried to make some cake. When it was in the oven it was a nasty looking brown color and it was bubbling. If I hadn't known any better, I would have thought that he was cooking barf. My mom saw it too and she said that there was no way that she was touching it. When it came out of the oven and had cooled, it looked somewhat like a cake, but when I stuck a metal butter knife in it, it was as hard as a rock. Mom called it "Caveman's Bread". The name stuck. I tried a slice just to make my brother happy. It wasn't the best cake I had ever eaten, but it wasn't too bad. Later on I put cream cheese frosting on it and I kept coming back for a slice. It started tasting really good. Now, I don't recommend my brother's concoction to anyone, because me and my family have a weird sense of taste, but Caveman's Bread (with some improvements) could be made a winner recipe.

1 comment:

  1. keep blogging! you write very well :)


    www.luckyguesslovelymess.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete